Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eep
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

ftp site?

Where is it? It's been ftp://ftp.nai.com/ for many years but it's been down for weeks now... All I get now is this error:

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/", is invalid.

Reference #9.5791f45.1274106558.0

14 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: ftp site?

Must be a bad cookie as it works for me although I must confess I would never use it as I use the home product.

Try resetting your browser to defaults.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/05/10 10:49:23 EDT AM
Eep
Level 7
Message 3 of 15

It's not a bad cookie because I haven't changed anything in my web browser (Firefox) and have been using the ftp site for YEARS. I also have a separate DAT updater program (187K, readme) that can't reach the ftp site either. I doubt you can actually reach it.

Message was edited by: Eep on 5/17/10 1:54:51 PM PDT
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Well I'm not sure what to say other than I can see it, click on the attached image to enlarge...maybe contact Technical Support regarding your difficulty reaching it?

Capture.JPG

Eep
Level 7
Message 5 of 15

Odd you can reach it but I cannot. McAfee must be blocking my computer or something, though I don't know why. I tried tech support chat but the rep was clueless and just kept giving me the runaround:

GoToAssist (14:18:46):
Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support. How can I help you?

Teena (14:18:58):
Hi Eep, this is Teena from McAfee Technical Support and I would be assisting you today.

Customer (14:19:42):
Hi. I can't access the ftp site at ftp://ftp.nai.com for about a month now All I get now is this error:

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/", is invalid.

Reference #9.5791f45.1274106558.0
Customer (14:20:10):
I posted in the forums but another user says he can get to it fine so I don't understand why I can't. I have used 2 web browsers and 1 separate program but all fail.

Teena (14:20:19):
As I understand, you are unable to access ftp://ftp.nai.com website. Is that correct?

Customer (14:20:27):
uh huh

Teena (14:21:03):
Not to worry, we will leverage all our resources to resolve this issue because your concern is our concern.
Teena (14:21:04):
For verification purpose, May I have your home telephone number with area code first?

Customer (14:21:20):
no

Teena (14:21:27):
May I know the E-Mail Address you have used to register with McAfee?

Customer (14:22:01):
none
Customer (14:22:25):
I am just trying to access the ftp site; none of this info is required.

Teena (14:24:49):
Ok, Eep.
Teena (14:26:00):
The link is ftp://ftp.nai.com not correct. The correct link is http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.aspx

Customer (14:26:07):
wrong
Customer (14:26:13):
I have been using the ftp site for YEARS
Customer (14:26:24):
and, again, another person in the forums said he could get to the ftp site fine

Teena (14:26:34):
You can save our chat session by clicking on File -> save chat log.
Teena (14:26:49):
The correct link is http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.aspx

Customer (14:26:52):
wrong!
Customer (14:27:01):
I want to talk to your manager/supervisor.

Teena (14:29:20):
May I place you on hold for two minutes while I check the issue?

Customer (14:29:45):
go for it

--

Stupid clueless tech support...

Now, the weird thing is, I can access the ftp site fine through my file manager (which has a built-in ftp program). I think the MCUP is able to connect but McAfee changed their DAT zip file structure so MCUP is confused because it looks for a certain file, I think, to check the DAT date/version. I have emailed the MCUP creator so hopefully he can update it and add a way to manually configure the download locations, what files the updater checks to verify a new DAT version exists, etc.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

I'm not familiar with the FTP site but I believe it's only for Enterprise customers with accounts.   What McAfee products are you using?

Eep
Level 7
Message 7 of 15

Er, how can you not be familiar with the ftp site if you claim you can get to it? Anyone can access it and, hence, used by anyone. I only use the command-line scanner.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 15

The first time I ever saw it was just now clicking the link you posted.  As far as I know the command line scanner is no longer supported.

That would be a good question for Tech Support.

Highlighted
Eep
Level 7
Message 9 of 15

Regardless if the command-line scanner is no longer supported, it's still developed, updated, and released. Also, no, tech support is clueless and I won't be dealing with them anymore.

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 15

All I know is what I've been told - the SDATs no longer contain the command line scanner.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.