cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eb0nyknight
Level 7

fport on windows 7

I recently downloaded fport to check for malware.  I downloaded it, extracted it and ran it.  I tried several switches, but nothing shows up.  It runs and shows the headers PID, Process, Port, etc, but there is nothing listed. 

Can anyone tell me why nothing is showing up?  Netstat shows plenty of ports.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: fport on windows 7

My first thought was that fport is not compatible with Windows 7, but an earlier post confirmed that it was.

One or two posters have had problems getting it to run because it requires Administrator privileges, and one thread notes that fport cannot handle IPv6 connections. I don't know if either of those applies.

(To see these posts, enter "fport" in the search box, top right. fport questions are rare, not many seem to use it.)

Did you run fport from a command prompt?

0 Kudos
eb0nyknight
Level 7

Yes, from the command prompt.  The program runs, just doesn't show any data.  The default account is admin.  Don't have ipv6.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Okay, I've asked the easy questions. I don't know much about fport so we'll have to wait for one of the McAfee techs to come up with a suggestion. I'll ask later for assistance (busy now doing a blog piece for Top Threats).

0 Kudos
eb0nyknight
Level 7

It's not my firewall, either.

0 Kudos
scurge
Level 7

Any progress with this?  I have the same problem.  Win7 Pro 64bit, SP1.fport.jpg

0 Kudos
zombieaids
Level 7

in the cmd did you try typing netstat -fport,     (yes a space between netstat and -fport) thats what i had to do, i was having the same problem you are,

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved to Firewall Enterprise (Sidewinder) as best spot for it.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
sliedl
Level 14

This does not have anything to do with the Firewall Enterprise.  I did a simple Google search and it says fport is some free McAfee tool to see open ports and that "fport supports Windows NT4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP," so if you're running it on anything past XP I'd expect it to not work.  I've used CurrPorts and TCPView on Windows 7 to see which processes are using which ports.  Process Explorer will also show this (a free Microsoft tool).

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

In that case I moved it to Other McAfee Corporate Products, although not really sure that is even the right spot.

---

Peter

0 Kudos