Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ammit
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Unable to install Agent

I am unable to deploy agent on a machine, we have many machines on that site which have agent installed, but installation on this machine comes back with an err code =53.

Please help

5 Replies
McAfee Employee sbenedix
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to install Agent

Have a look into "c:\windows\temp\mcafeelogs" for the installation log files or post the log or snippets here so the whole error can be seen within its context in the logs.

Ammit
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

I dont see the latest logs on the targetted machine, its all old logs i seeMcafee123.JPG

McAfee Employee sbenedix
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

If the installer is executed in a user context (locally on the machine), i.e. adminstrator, logs would be located in this specific users temp folder (%usertemp%\McAfeeLogs). Although I read your initial post as having some automated means to deploy the package (reading, ePO). If there are no logs the install is not even starting, I wonder where you observe the error that you have described. When you deploy the agent from ePO, the first thing that will happen is that the ePO server will attempt to drop the framepkg executable into c:\windows of the target machine, from here its executed and installed. Inability to open the adminstrative share (C$) from ePO (to drop the exectuable) will result in failure without a log file being created/written for example.

Try to describe the sequence of events and where in this sequence you see that 53 error, presently its not clear when exactly that error occurs.

Ammit
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

@sbenedix I see the error in DB folder on ePO server itself, i am unable to open the Admin$ however there are thousands of machine i cannot see admin$ sill i am able to deploy on those machines. below are the logs i see in DB folder server_server name:

PushAgent.cpp(293): Push Agent Installation Program to MachineName failed

PushAgent.cpp(176): Failed to authenticate to \\MachineName, err=53

McAfee Employee sbenedix
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hmm, the failure state is clear then, although the error messages seemingly describe 2 different things. 

You have for one: failed to authenticate (that is clear) and for two you have error 53, which is documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-, thus your install attempt fails at the stage when ePO itries to push down the framepkg to the target machine, the path is not accessible. Both errors should provide good enough leads for further research on your end. What is different to the rest of your estate is anybodies guess at this stage.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.