The issue started out with me being unable to view the details of an alert. Within the NSM (Version: 220.127.116.11)
I launched the Real Time Threat Analyzer and see the list of my threats. Then if I chose an alert and right clicked on it and chose "view details" it would hang for about 8 minutes, then display and error stating that the alert was unavilable.
After troubleshooting my system then verifying that this issue was also appearing on a teamates computer I rebooted the appliance and logged back in. Once back in the NSM I opened the threat analyzer again and tried to view the details of an alert. Now the alert details are there, but most fields are filled with "undefined".
Again I troubleshot my local system, Verified the issue was being seen by other users and computers, then rebooted the nsm again. The results are the same.Message was edited by: sirmodok on 6/26/13 10:02:05 AM CDT
I was having the same problem and found KB78594 . There is no solution yet but a simple workaround.
To quote the article :
McAfee Network Security Manager 18.104.22.168
Revert your Java installation to JRE 7 update 21.
I tried to run the console from a previous JRE version and the problem goes away.
Confirmed that the work around does resolve the issue
Downgraded from Java 7 Update 25 to Java 7 Update 21.
That being said I don't like having unpatched versions of Java on my system, if this can be fully resolved I would like to know how.
Do you think upgrading the version of java in use by the NSM itself to 7u25 would help?
Probably not, I don't think NSM uses JRE for its operations.
Our Windows server running NSM currently has JRE 7 update 25 and the console do not show these "undefined" errors when logging locally. Seems like the problem only affects workstation for some reason. I'll have to dig a bit more...
Downgrading to an older version of Java will fix the issue, however it is dangerous to run an old version of Java on a production machine. This is how you get infected with malware in the first place after all.
I called McAfee support and told them what was going on. They had me try a few things including clearing browser cache and trying this on another computer/OS/browser. All those standard troubleshooting steps.
Then they gave me a link to an out of band patch to be installed on the appliance that fixed the issue.
Not sure if I'm allowed to give the link so just call McAfee support.