Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frkas
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ICAP javaclient question

I have downloaded an ICAP java client from https://github.com/Baekalfen/ICAP-avscan. But I cant really get it to work. Im not sure if its the client or the scanningserver that are not working correctly.

First I send this, according to the client Im supposed to get preview back but I dont.

getOptions request:

OPTIONS icap://xxxx9554/avscan ICAP/1.0

Host: xxxx9554

User-Agent: IT-Kartellet ICAP Client/1.1

Encapsulated: null-body=0

Reply:

ICAP/1.0 200 OK

Date: Tue 24 Jan 2017 08:09:00 GMT

Methods: RESPMOD

Service: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Storage 1.2.0.163

Service-ID: VSES

ISTag: "5800.7501.8416.0"

X-Allow-Out: X-Infection-Found, X-Violations-Found, X-AV-License

X-AV-License: 1

Allow: 204

Max-Connections: 130

Options-TTL: 3600

Encapsulated: null-body=0

Then I send this including the whole file:

RESPMOD icap://xxxx/avscan ICAP/1.0

Host: xxxx9554

User-Agent: IT-Kartellet ICAP Client/1.1

Allow: 204

Preview: 0

Encapsulated: res-hdr=0, res-body=27

Content-Length: 5236200

After that, when Im trying to read the answer with dataInputStream.read the program hangs for around 1 minute before it continues without getting any header.

Can someone please help me with suggestions or a working javaclient?

3 Replies

Re: ICAP javaclient question

Hi Frkas,

Did you find out the solution for this issue, I encounter with the same problem.

McAfee Employee sbenedix
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Y'all, it would be most helpful if you included the MFE software bits you have used are trying to use, I'm guessing wildly that this possibly pertains to the VSES module for VSE? If so, only a handful of filer appliances are supported to work with the VSES ICAP module, all of which are listed in "Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for VirusScan Enterprise for Storage (KB74863)" -> kc.mcafee.com. What you attempt to to maybe accomplished using a Web Gateway appliance, it can act as an ICAP server.

Highlighted
Da5id
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

I'm trying to do the same thing using an ICAP client from the same github project except I'm using the C# version.  Did you manage to get it working? 

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.