Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPO-Janni
Level 9

How to update the Command Line V6 DAT-Files

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have downloaded the Command Line Virusscanner V6. The file AVVSCAN.DAT is from 2010/05/27. Where can I get the actual DAT files for the Command Line Virusscanner (Windows).

Thnaks and Regards

Janni

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mal09
Level 12

Re: How to update the Command Line V6 DAT-Files

Jump to solution

You could use the file from here: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/dat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise and execute it as xxxxxdat.exe /e <directory of your McAfee installation>

Are you looking to script an update? Ad hoc update? What sort of update are you actually looking for???

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mal09
Level 12

Jump to solution

You could use the file from here: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/dat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise and execute it as xxxxxdat.exe /e <directory of your McAfee installation>

Are you looking to script an update? Ad hoc update? What sort of update are you actually looking for???

0 Kudos
EPO-Janni
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Mal09,

thank you for your answer.

Regards

Janni

0 Kudos
rackroyd
Level 16

Jump to solution

Please also take a look at McAfee support article KB67513 - Downloading the AVV-Dat package for use with VirusScan Command Line 6.0 (VSCL)

Rgds,

Rob

0 Kudos
rvihokra
Level 7

Jump to solution

after you extract sdatxxx.exe to folder. you do not replace SCAN.exe as it is stub file.  I do copy only *.dat

***reference

• Only the actual DAT files are required.
  • The version of scan.exe that is include in the SuperDAT is a stub file only and cannot be used.
    See KB68671 - Scan.exe in Daily SuperDAT (sdatxxxx.exe and xdatxxxx.exe) has been replaced with stub file of the same name.

0 Kudos