cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmconcepcion
Level 8

Help with regards with McAfee GTI Proxy

Me and my colleague are testing a McAfee GTI Proxy 1.1 with ePO 4.6, AD and DNS Server and some end-user machine on a VM environment. We already have it up and running on our test environment.

We need to know wether the end-users are already having an update comming from the GTI Cloud or from the DAT update for the virus definition. Is there a Log file for it?

We also need to try it out if it's working and if there is such as a file like eicar that we can test.

Thanks for any help we could get from this!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HawkEye4077
Level 7

Re: Help with regards with McAfee GTI Proxy

Just found this post. I am looking for a way to test GTi Proxy as well. ePO gives you load averages and response times but doesn't tell you if the response time is from McAfee's GTi system or just the response time due to the box been queried by other users.

More reports please or failing that a way to test that the system is working as expected, otherwise it is pretty useless giving a, possibly, false sense of additional security.

0 Kudos
jmconcepcion
Level 8

hopefully there would be any answers coming from McAfee's end.

0 Kudos
HawkEye4077
Level 7

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like I was asking you for these reports etc I was talking to McAfee - fingers crossed someone is listening

0 Kudos