cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mal09
Level 12

Future for dos/windows command line scanners?

Does anyone know what the future of the dos/windows command line scanner (scan,exe) is?

According to the EOL pages, it's set for retirement on 26 Feb 2010 - about the same time as V1 dats are EOL.

In VSE 8.5/8.7 etc, the functionality is partially replaced by csscan (CommonShell Command Line Scanner). So are we going to see Superdats packaged with that instead?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mal09
Level 12

Re: Future for dos/windows command line scanners?

Looks like I might be able to answer this myself. From the readme for the 5400 Command Line scanner::

This version of the McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Command Line uses the V1 version of virus DATs (scan.dat, names.dat and
clean.dat). The V1 DATs are due to EOL in Q1 2010 which will mean that this product will no longer be supported.
The next version of this product (McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Command-Line version 6.0) will support the V2 version of
the virus DATs (avvscan.dat, avvnames.dat and avvclean.dat).

We recommend that you begin to migrate to the new version to avoid any potential loss in protection; the McAfee (R)
VirusScan(R) Command-Line version 6.0 will be available in Q4 2009.

Has anyone seen the Command Line scanner v6?

Message was edited by: Mal09 on 05/03/10 15:19:31 GMT
0 Kudos
woodsjw
Level 7

I see it available for download after logging in with grant number.

0 Kudos
sgrimmel
Level 11

Hi

Please mark this as answered if your query has been fully resolved. If not, please do not hesittate to come back with more questions.

Regards

0 Kudos
Mal09
Level 12

Thx.

0 Kudos