cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solidification process time for fresh new systems

Hi,

Do you know as how much time it takes approximately for a new built system -windows10 to complete the solidification process?

I know its hard to tell but as per your experience.

11 Replies

Re: solidification process time for fresh new systems

Hi,

We have noticed the Solidification is been running from last week in windows 10 machines. Is there any option to quicken the solidification process?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 12

You can't quicken it, but it shouldn't take that long. What are the specs of the system like? Are they quite low? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

These are newly purchased surface pro machines, its taking 5 days atleast for the solidification even though when these devices are connected to the docking station entire day.

CPU Speed (Mhz) 1,608
CPU Type Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 4415Y @ 1.60GHz
Free Disk Space 146.44 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.91 GB
Free System Drive Space 149951 MB
Total Disk Space 237.13 GB
Operating System OS Type:Windows 10,OS Platform:Workstation,OS Version:10.0

Installed Products Data Loss Prevention 11.0.700.182, Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.6.1.1208, Endpoint Security Firewall 10.6.1.1106, Endpoint Security Common 10.6.1.1124, Endpoint Security Web Control 10.6.1.1082, McAfee Agent 5.6.1.157, Solidcore 8.2.1.143

Highlighted

Attached screenshotSolidcore1.PNG

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

What is the SO priority of your enable task.

Please give output of "Sadmin config show |findstr SoPriority" at a recovered Command prompt

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi BEllis,

I'm uanble to recover the CLI at this solidfication stage, please find the attached screenshot, do you want me to forcefully recover the CLI for the log outputSolidcore 2.png?

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

You can check the registry. Unfortunately you cannot recover the CLI while solidification is going on

See if you can find SOPriority in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Swin\Parameters

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Benjamin,

Please find the attached TB2.pngregistry screenshot.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

That is your issue. You need to set your solidification priority in your enable task to 1 or 2 if you want faster solidification times.

Your current solidification priority = 0

low = 0, normal = 1, high =2

Initial Scan Priority in Solidcore Enable task – this setting of Low/Med/High is not a CPU-limiting threshold (e.g., LOW setting does not limit the CPU usage of whitelisting to a max of 10% CPU.)  It sets the priority of the scanning thread that Solidcore uses when whitelisting files on a system using the Enable task.

If the Enable task is set to LOW, then the CPU usage of Solidcore will get deprioritized when another Windows process wants CPU time.  This means that:

If there are no system processes currently using any CPU usage, then the whitelist scan will get higher priority and bump up its CPU usage to scan files;

If there ARE system processes that want CPU usage, then the whitelist scan will be deprioritized and the whitelisting scan/finish time will bump up (e.g., the 20-27 hours that was mentioned below);

There is no configuration in Solidcore currently that will strictly limit a whitelist scan to X%.

More info:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms685100(v=vs.85).aspx

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community