cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

I have problem with solidcore I tried to push solidcore client for windows 8.2 but when I pushed show this error ( product "SOLIDCORE 5000 WIN installation failed reason unknown error

Thank You.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: solidcore problem

Jump to solution

Hi @H1 

Solidcore uses standard MSI logging, the logs which will point us to the cause of the issue can be found under C:\Windows and are called solidcore_installer.log and mac_mpt.log

If you need help analysing these, I would advise raising a Service Request and uploading these for review. 

Here are a couple of common reasons for failure:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91773

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87647

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @H1 

Solidcore uses standard MSI logging, the logs which will point us to the cause of the issue can be found under C:\Windows and are called solidcore_installer.log and mac_mpt.log

If you need help analysing these, I would advise raising a Service Request and uploading these for review. 

Here are a couple of common reasons for failure:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91773

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87647

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

You can search "return value 3" in the install log and scroll up. But as Cara said. This can be ananlyzed by support if you upload the log. We will be able to tell you the exact error if you cant identify why.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

H1
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

and this also mac_mpt log 

chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @H1 

I would advise you to be careful uploading logs to the Community as it's open to the public and some logs contain system details. But I've looked over it and the errors match the first KB I mentioned - do you have Symantec Endpoint installed? If yes, please remove it - reboot - check there are no Solidcore installation items present as mentioned in the second KB I referenced and then attempt the installation again.

Was my reply helpful?
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

The logs you uploaded show Symantec still installed. Please follow caras advice. Remove symantec, then clean up and try a fresh install. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

H1
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

You have information how to clean up ,

chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @H1 

Have you been able to follow the steps in the two KBs and resolve the issue?

Was my reply helpful?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community