Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hon
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

observe mode

hi everyone,

I have met problems when try to configure app control in observe mode.

1. When i try to enable observe mode there is no logging to epo and no alert when i try to violate the policy but it seems to work when i use in enable mode

2. after i switch enable to disable and then observe agian . the policy remain working on the agent .Have anyone met something like this before

[solidcore version 6.1.2]

14 Replies
neelima
Level 12
Message 2 of 15

Re: observe mode

hon,

Can you show the event that comes in enabled mode?

Thanks,

Neelima

meforum
Level 10
Message 3 of 15

- well - what exactly is (not) working / blocked?

- where do you looking for that events on ePO? (there are several places to may look at).

- observe mode will NOT log/show observation events for files on network shares (e.g. logon-scripts etc or just applications run from a share)

hon
Level 9
Message 4 of 15

Capture.PNG

hon
Level 9
Message 5 of 15

Capture2.PNG

There is a policy and an error that i have met when i use observe mode . shall it only log ?.  Am i right that It should't block?

or i misunderstand about the observe mode concept

meforum
Level 10
Message 6 of 15

hi,

I think to ban iexplore.exe is for testing only? (to see if it's blocked or reportet only)

So I guess you may not enabled observe mode at all? You'll have to create/run a client task of type SC: observe mode to enable/disable observe mode on the client. (the other way would be to enable the correspondig checkbox in the SC: enable task, so go to observe mode instead of just enable after the initial scan)

You can check the current status if you type "sadmin status" at the client/cmd

meforum
Level 10
Message 7 of 15

oh and there's a section in the solid core install guide (and product guide?) about observe mode.

AND as far as as I know this mode is only available in 6.1.x(?) - but you have 6.1.2 - so its ok

hon
Level 9
Message 8 of 15

thank about your help but i have already turnen to observe mode

but problem still appear

Capture.PNG

hon
Level 9
Message 9 of 15

Yep iexplore is for testing only

meforum
Level 10
Message 10 of 15

hm .... not sure ... but my best guess is that's maybe because you have a explicit "ban/block" rule for iexplore.exe - maybe that even blocks with observe mode on? (never tried that).

how about that: try to copy some .exe / program to that client (that haven't been there before / is not whitelistet) and try to run it. This shoud work but generate an observation - I think.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.