cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee spederse
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO to provide an easy way to validate if a Linux version is supported by Application Control

Jump to solution

We need an easy way to validate if the Linux version is supported by Application Control. Where there is 100s or 1000s of Linux servers this is a major task.

Possible solution

1. Deploy the McAfee Agent to the Linux (Agent must be supported as first step)
  2. Then the McAfee Agent will/should provide enough information/properties back to ePO about if this Linux OS version and Kernel is supported by current Application Control for Linux.
  3. Having an ePO Server Task are something like that which will audit the Linux systems information and tag them as compatible or not

Think of this like the EEGO for McAfee Drive encryption.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO to provide an easy way to validate if a Linux version is supported by Application Control

Jump to solution

Unfortunantly there is no kernel check in epo for solidcore. You can submit a Product Idea if you would like. I do think this would be a good feature.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO to provide an easy way to validate if a Linux version is supported by Application Control

Jump to solution

Unfortunantly there is no kernel check in epo for solidcore. You can submit a Product Idea if you would like. I do think this would be a good feature.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SteenP
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

My mistake. I thought I had posted this as an Idea. Thanks for letting me know. I have now done a post in the Idea forum.

Awiting it to be opened up for voting.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

No problem thats what we are here for. If there is something else i can help you with just let us know.

Thank you.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.