Did you mean: 
Dwillert
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ePO does not report Solidcore

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm working on an ePO 5.10 Update 4 system of over 800 machines where a colleague updated the McAfee Agent from 5.6.1 to 5.7.6 to resolve some CPU issues. However, I installed Solidcore on this system a few months ago. Its been running in Observe mode (never Enabled) and since the Agent upgrade, some machines do not report Solidcore as being installed. There is a mix of Solidcore versions 8.0.2 and 8.3.3 in the system based on OS (Windows 7, 2008 R2 all the way up to Server 2019) and DCS vendor support. The issue has not been specific to OS or Solidcore version as there is a mix of versions having this issue. Out of the 800+ machines, roughly 80 are having this issue. McAfee VSE 8.8 is installed on the system as well, McAfee ENS upgrade is being planned.

I've uninstalled the McAfee Agent 5.7.6 & re-installed, uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Solidcore, updated certificates, deployed MsgBus Cert Updater 5.7.6 & ePO Agent Key Updater 5.7.6 also. Installation is successful, when I click "About" on local endpoint I see Solidcore installed, but it still does not show up as an Installed Product in ePO.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO does not report Solidcore

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwillert . Thank you for reaching out McAfee Enterprise Support Community. I did check with the post.

1. Mcafee Agent version 5.7.6 is not compatible with the Solid core version [ 8.0.1]. Please do check with the articles below,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93915

2. Since Certificates and McAfee Agent are re-installed in the machines [ 8.3.X], Is the communication latest ?. Did we check on the system tree?.

3. Did we also check on the extensions in EPO. Are we having proper extensions?.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwillert . Thank you for reaching out McAfee Enterprise Support Community. I did check with the post.

1. Mcafee Agent version 5.7.6 is not compatible with the Solid core version [ 8.0.1]. Please do check with the articles below,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93915

2. Since Certificates and McAfee Agent are re-installed in the machines [ 8.3.X], Is the communication latest ?. Did we check on the system tree?.

3. Did we also check on the extensions in EPO. Are we having proper extensions?.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Dwillert
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you! We downgraded the McAfee Agent on the affected machines with the older Solidcore to a supported version and that seemed to resolve the issue. As for the machines with the newer OS's, this issue was caused by work being done by a different department and was not related to this particular issue discovered during our investigation. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community