cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application control shows no data found

i've installed Application Control on ePO and then deployed that to the clients. first of all, i didn't install on all clients as required. The problem now is that on the dashboard it shows no data found. what would be the problem ?
6 Replies
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: application control shows no data found

Hello @ahmed_saber . Thank you for reaching us at McAfee Enterprise Community. I did check on the post. I have few questions related to this,

1.How many machines Application control was installed from EPO?.

2. Did the installation task reach the clients and was it successfull?.

3. Are the clients communicating to the EPO server?.

4. Did we perform Wake agent recently?.

5. How is the dashboard configured with regards to Application control?.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hi Sivakumar1,

1. How many machines Application control was installed from EPO?. (I'm trying to install it on 9 machines but it was installed on machines only. However, i've noticed that it shows on the security status as (McAfee Solidifier(no license) although i've installed the Application Control License)

2. Did the installation task reach the clients and was it successfull?. (Worked for some, didn't for others)

3. Are the clients communicating to the EPO server?. (Yes. ENS updates are fine)

4. Did we perform Wake agent recently?. (Yea. multiple times)

5. How is the dashboard configured with regards to Application control? ( the default provided dashboard).

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Hello @ahmed_saber . Thank you for your reply.mI suspect it to the License Part. I would test with adding up license manually on one machine from EPO by following up the commands below. Please make sure the License file for standalone is handy before we run this.

1. In the ePO Server console, Please open up System Tree -> Goto the system.

2. Click on the Action-> Run Client Task now

3. Select Solid Core -> SC:Run Command task.

4. Select Create New Task and in the Command line type in  license add Licensekey

5. Please make sure to type in the actaul License Key [ For example the command should like this license add xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx].

6. Please make sure the run the task and please do check whether the task reached the machine.

7. Once the task ran successfully, Please do check on the dashboard.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

i've done as advised but no luck. i've checked that the task reached and was successfully run but still no change with that.

Snap2.jpg

well, another update. 

i've run a task to enable solidcore on that client and it solved the license stuff and started to appear on the Application Control Agent status.

However, that was for one machine out of 9. i'll give it another try for the other machines. 

I've tried to run the install task again on two machines where the tasks completed on the ePO but didn't install anything on the two machines. 

is there a way to install Solidcore manually and then take over by ePO similar to ENS?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community