cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application control 8.0

I am using application control 8.0 on windows 7 computer, but it seems to interfere with application that is in the whitelist. The application is running but at a much slower speed. Is there anything I can do to speed the application up like bypass change monitoring?

2 Replies
wouterr
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: application control 8.0

Joseph,

There are some improvements included in HF2. For how to configure these, you can check releasenotes: McAfee Corporate KB - Application Control and Change Control 8.0.0 Hotfix 2 Release Notes PD27221

However appart from these improvements in general Appcontrol 8 is calculating md5, sha1 and sha256 hashes for every file which executes.

Tthis is "works as designed" but in turn results in Appcontrol 8 causing real visible performance impact on systems.

Re: application control 8.0

Thanks for the info.

Does it have to check every filse, is that possible that i can skip directory or files from being monitoring?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community