cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilt
Level 7

Windows Patch Management on System with Solidcore

What is the best way to update windows security patches on windows system with solidcore installed? I need to enable all the security patch updates which it gets from local wsus server.

There are several ways to use "Updaters" what is the best way?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
neelima
Level 12

Re: Windows Patch Management on System with Solidcore

If you use SCCM, thats the best way to push. App control already ships with the SCCM policy, so it should work out of box.

avilt
Level 7

I a, using WSUS server internally. How can I allow the clients to download the patches and install them?

0 Kudos
neelima
Level 12

avilt,

Please message me you contact. I need to understand the use-case better.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
avilt
Level 7

I have an internal WSUS server, I approve the security patches to the client on a monthly basis. By default Solidcore will prevent the client from installing the security patches. How can I allow the clients to install the patches?

0 Kudos
cvg-park
Level 7

Are you using MCC or MAC? I assume MAC but I've had to use updaters for MCC too. In any case, I would want to know also. For MCC I've followed KB81714 because I was getting write denied events. But we use a couple of tools for patch deployment and they do get blocked by MCC every so often.

0 Kudos
avilt
Level 7

I am using MAC. I believe it's Windows Updated is already listed in Updaters. I will test and and confirm the results.