We are testing solidcore to push agent from ePO, but the status failed when deploying the agent with Windows Firewall Turned on.
If firewall is off, i can deploy the agent successfully.
Followed these steps.
1. Installed Solidcore
2. enabled windows firewall, added port 8081 and 8082 in inbound rules.
3. IP Address of ePO 192.168.xxx.xxx ePO server
4. Added “192.168.xxx.xxx ABCDEFG” in hosts (C:\Windows\System32\....etc\)
5. Added “New System” in the System Tree. We can see “ABCDEFG” in the System Tree.
6. Checked in the “Server Task Log”. Showed “Deploy McAfee Agent” is “Failed”.
Please let me know what are the ports need to be added in firewall so that we can deploy agent without any issues with the solidcore agent installation.
Thanks in advance.
Actually your client only need to allow echo requests and have file sharing service running.
Check, if echo is enabled in the firewall exceptions.
after the McAfee Agent is installed anything is done by the agent. There is no additional firewall configuration necessary for solidcore.
Check your EPO Server settings regarding the ports for the agent. This ports must be opend.
Afterwards EPO can connect to the client enabling a deployment task for solidcore.
Actually the McAfee software creates firewall exceptions during the installation.
On the Windows 2012 R2 Server:
All inbound TPC/UDP ports for C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\bin\tomcat7.exe are allowed.
On the Windows 7 Client:
All inbound TPC/UDP ports for C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\macmnsvc.exe are allowed.
Make sure your network profile (Public, Private or Domain) are properly assigned to those firewall exceptions.