cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 fails on reboot after installation

After installing standalone Application and Change Control and solidifying, I put the Solidifier in Enabled mode, reboot, and Windows 10 fails to start. I've tried putting it in Observation Mode and Update mode and it fails every time. Once it fails, I have to reinstall Windows from scratch. Anyone else experience this issue?
2 Replies
ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows 10 fails on reboot after installation

Hi @User17950704 I would ask that you open a support ticket (http://support.mcafee.com) with our McAfee Support team (if possible) so we can work through that issue further, but I wanted to provide the below based on your "Once it fails, I have to reinstall Windows from scratch" comment.

Instead of reinstalling Windows, try setting the MACC product to disable mode via the registry, while in Safe Mode.  See KB83203 as an example.  Try this to recover the Windows system, rather than reinstalling Windows.

Place MACC in Disable mode by performing the following steps:
  1. Boot the system into Safe Mode (press F5 before the Windows boot screen).
  2. Open the Registry editor. Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click OK.
  3. Navigate to the following registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\swin\Parameters]
  1. Double-click DWORD RTEMode and change the value to 0.
  2. Double-click DWORD RTEModeOnReboot and change the value to 0.
  3. Reboot the system. MACC is now in Disable mode.

Re: Windows 10 fails on reboot after installation

Thanks for the tip! Saved me some headache for sure...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community