Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigR1
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Upgrade to 8.3.3.129 - End update mode from epo not working

I've upgraded a bunch of windows hosts to the latest version of solidcore 8.3.3.129. The upgrade went fine, and the servers were restarted. Solidcore was in update mode throughout. Now i'm sending epo client task to 'end update mode' and this task runs succesfully. But all the hosts remain in 'update mode'. Sadmin status, shows epo managed, cli is locked down. What logs can I check to see for issues?
7 Replies
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.3.129 - End update mode from epo not working

Hello @CraigR1 . Thank you for the post. Did we try running it locally on an any one machine and check whether the end-update task ran successfully?.

In case , if we have access to the machine , Please run the commands below,

1. sadmin recover [ which will ask up to type in the password you have set up in EPO]

2. sadmin eu

3. sadmin status

And Please let us know the output. In case if it is not possible o connect to the client machine, I would try running commands manually from EPO,

1. Please go to System Tree. Select the check box next to any one of the system which is got the Issue.

2. Select Action ->Agent -> Run client Task now

3. Select Product as Solid core -> select Task Type as SC: Run Commands -> Task -> Select Create New task

4. You will find the space to run commands [ Do not type sadmin ] , just type in eu 

5.Please make sure to select Requires response

6. Once the task is run successfully ->  Go-to Menu -> Automation -> Solid core client task Log 

7. Look for the responses and help us know the status.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

CraigR1
Level 8
Message 3 of 8

Alright so heres what I learnt.

sadmin recover password is not working on these hosts. So its like since the upgrade its policy is not being received or such?

When I run the client task as you suggested from epo. The task completes successfully. But when I go to the ‘Solidcore client task log’ it does not show there at all….

Where can I go from here? This is becoming urgent

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Hello @CraigR1  Thank you for the post. Could you please run sadmin status command on any one machine and send us the screenshot. Did we also try reboot after the task was run successfully and check with the status?.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

CraigR1
Level 8
Message 5 of 8

sadmin status shows the following:

McAfee Solidifier: Enabled
McAfee Solidifier on reboot: Enabled

ePo Managed: Yes

Local CLI Access: Lockdown

The solidcore password file show as being updated a couple of hours ago, which is strange? If I update the password and push the policy, the file does not change.

If I reboot the host, and then push the epo commands to begin update. it then works....

So something to do with a host restart, but problem is, its not so easy to just restart hosts in our env. So I wanted to know what is happening to stop it working pre reboot?

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Hello @CraigR1 . Thank you for the post . If we update the policy and if there is a proper communication, the file should change. Could you also try with a different machine which is got the issue?. and check whether that also requires a reboot?.

Was my reply helpful?

CraigR1
Level 8
Message 7 of 8

A second host was rebooted and it too started working.

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Hello @CraigR1 . Thank you for the post. How many Hosts are affected?. We would need to check on Solidifier logs [ MER logs] If reboot is not possible on all the machines. I would recommend you to open up a Ticket with Support and If possible share the SR number here as well.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community