cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winston
Level 9

Unable to upgrade from App/Ctrl v6.0.1 to v6.1.0

We just uploaded McAfee Application Control v6.1.0 to the current branch but is unable to upgrade from the current version. Whenever we run the excute the "Run Client Task Now" process to deploy the Solidcore Client, it fails after a few minutes. The servers are currently in "Update Mode" and is also running VSE v8.8.0. (not sure if this matters). Does any know how to get Solidcore v6.1.0. installed without uninstalling the prior version?

5 Replies
neelima
Level 12

Re: Unable to upgrade from App/Ctrl v6.0.1 to v6.1.0

Hi Winston,

Can you file a Service request for this issue? You can goto http://www.mcafee.com/us/support.aspx for the same.

Thanks,

Neelima

0 Kudos
Winston
Level 9

Hi Neelima... This problem is now resolved. Solidcore must be set to "disable" to upgrade.

0 Kudos
deepak_yadav
Level 9

Hi Winston,

The best practice is to upgrade the product in update mode. By next major release, Application Control will allow upgrades in enabled mode as well.

0 Kudos
Winston
Level 9

Hi Deepak... after consulting with McAfee and doing a number of tests we can confirm the only thing that works for us is to disable solidcore, uninstall it, then install the new version. Disabling & overwriting the current version did not work.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Winston,

Can you provide the exact build number you are upgrading from and to? Did you run the upgrade from ePO or locally?

I tested this and do not see any message in ePO. Locally, I see the message to disable Solidcore, but I was attempting to upgrade with Solidcore in enable mode.

0 Kudos