cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to access Solidcore or apply the policy

Jump to solution

Hi All,

we have a server with Solidcore enabled and we are unable to access from CLI. Since its not reporting to ePO, we can't force the policy to it. 

The agent was corrupted so we were able to remove it but unable to install due to Solidcore. 

We have tried the Removal tool but Solidcore again  prevented from execution.

What are our options at this point? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Re: Unable to access Solidcore or apply the policy

Jump to solution

If your user cannot access the CLI, then the only option you have is get a tech on site and boot to safe mode to put in disable mode or update mode 

The problem with KB75902 just like uninstall and EPR is that the machine must be disabled first to unload our driver.

So really your only option is https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85958

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

It depends slightly on the versions of products you are running but firstly could you advise why you are unable to access the CLI?

You can refer to this KB in regards to how to remove Solidcore manually if needs be:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75902

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

If your user cannot access the CLI, then the only option you have is get a tech on site and boot to safe mode to put in disable mode or update mode 

The problem with KB75902 just like uninstall and EPR is that the machine must be disabled first to unload our driver.

So really your only option is https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85958

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The password we use for the rest of the servers doesn't work for this particular system. I am assuming, they used different password in the past and never updated for the current one from  ePO because it was not communicating.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

How to clear the CLI password enforced by ePO:

1. Boot system into safe mode.
  2. Browse to: C:\program files\mcafee\solidcore
  3. Delete the file: Passwd
  4. Reboot into normal mode.
  5. Recover CLI: sadmin recover

This is in KB90755

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90755&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

On top of that if you are in safe mode there should be no protection for you to go to the Registry and change RTEMODEonReboot = 0 and then reboot and run the EPR tool for removal or remove through add/remove programs.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community