Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tucker84
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Unable to Lockdown 2 Devices

I have Solidcore installed on two devices and I am unable to have them lockdown/exit local CLI allowed. I've restarted the devices and tried to just install a newer version of Solidcore(8.3) These are the only devices in the environment having this issue.  I have limited access to the machines and am only able to get the Agent logs, not the Solidcore logs which makes this more difficult.

McAfee Agent 5.6.3

Solidcore 8.0.0.950

Win 7

7 Replies
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to Lockdown 2 Devices

Please update to the latest 5.6.5 hf2 agent and latest 8.0.2.233 solidcore agent. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

if you installed 8.3 you will need the latest mcafee agent also.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

tucker84
Level 10
Message 4 of 8

At the moment we're having issues installing newer versions of Solidcore on these two devices most likely due to a certificate issue. Is there any way to force Solidcore to install over itself similar to the -forceinstall option on the McAfee Agent?

tucker84
Level 10
Message 5 of 8

I was finally able to test the newest agent, 5.6.5 HF2, and newest Solidcore, 8.3, and the issue continues. The command doesn't ever seem to complete and just stalls for 20 minutes until the task times out

Kenchee_etf
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Hello @tucker84 

May I ask you to clarify this:
"The command doesn't ever seem to complete and just stalls for 20 minutes until the task times out"

Where do you see this? I am assuming in ePO when you send, for example, run client task?

If that is the case, does "Wake Up call" go properly from ePO to machine?

If it doesn't, then maybe it is not the issue with MACC, it maybe something communication related between ePO and MA on machine.

Was my reply helpful?

tucker84
Level 10
Message 7 of 8

Yes I see the 20 minute timeout in ePO. I can also see it from collecting the agent logs.

Wake up calls appear to function without issue.

BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

At this point, i suggest you to collect a MER and open a case with support so we can look and help you identify the issue.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community