Did you mean: 
cbr
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

UI for Solidcore

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

we're using McAfee Solidcore as a standalone product on our machines. Our experience is that some people have difficulties to manage Solidcore properly when they're making updates:

• Files are copied first and then they turn on the update mode. Later on they wonder why applications don't work anymore.
  • They are confused about the popup messages
  • Batch files that are startet from the Windows Explorer don't create a popup Window but just a message in the commandline that disappears immediately.

For these reasons I'd like to have some kind of UI that shows the status of Solidcore. The only way that I can think of currently would be to send a status request continuously (polling) and evaluate the text result. Since this is a ressource wasting solution, I wonder if there's an API for Soldicore where I might get this information in a more elegant way.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee gnautiya
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: UI for Solidcore

Jump to solution

Files copied before switching to update mode, will always remain unsolidified (non whitelisted).

Hence they will be denied to execute in enable mode. 

As of now on standalone we do not have any UI API to show this information, but this can be checked via solidcore.log (denial will be there for all such files), alsow e gather this data under event viewer of windows.

Rgards

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee gnautiya
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Files copied before switching to update mode, will always remain unsolidified (non whitelisted).

Hence they will be denied to execute in enable mode. 

As of now on standalone we do not have any UI API to show this information, but this can be checked via solidcore.log (denial will be there for all such files), alsow e gather this data under event viewer of windows.

Rgards

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
cbr
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I'll try to figure out, what I can do. However, maybe you (McAfee) can think about inhibiting the file copy of executables if the whitelist is active as a future option. In my opinion that would make some things much clearer.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

if you would like to suggest a new feature or UI. 

Please follow this kb

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Then it will go directly to product management and you can track if they will add it or not.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.