cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilt
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 18

Re: Temporary paging file issue after installing solidcore 6.1.3.264 on windows 7

You need to execute this task before solidifying the target system.

1. 1.- Create a 'run command' client task with argument example: 'sadmin skiplist add -s <system drive>\pagefile.sys' or 'sadmin skiplist add -i \pagefile.sys' 

(This can be found in your EPO > Client Task Catalog - Solidcore - SC: Run Commands)

1. 2.- Push the task to the host
Regis
Level 12
Message 12 of 18

Re: Temporary paging file issue after installing solidcore 6.1.3.264 on windows 7

Thanks avilt.     Do you have a mix of machines that have this behavior and don't have this behavior both running Windows 7?   Are these virtual machines or hardware?  

avilt
Level 8
Message 13 of 18

Mine are all Windows 7 with custom page file size settings. I am not facing this problem on XP/Vista/2003.

Regis
Level 12
Message 14 of 18

Interesting.  I'm seeing a mix of results among win7 clients.  The only one I'm aware of is my VM which was kinda tight on disk space with 6.1.3.380.  

It now occurs to me that my other box is on 6.1.3.387   ... hrmm      Avilt,  did you ever see variation among versions? 

avilt
Level 8
Message 15 of 18

I am facing this error when I put the systems in Observe Mode. I will check the behavior for Enabled mode when I get time.

pgoyal
Level 7
Message 16 of 18

Hi Bharath,

Can you please apply below rule before enabling/solidifying the system and let me know it fixes the issue or not:

"sadmin skiplist add -i \pagefile.sys"

Regards,

Praveen

Regis
Level 12
Message 17 of 18

Bharathkumar AD:  Check your free disk space.

I've seen this problem as well on a Win 7 64bit machine that's running in VMWare VDI  on an ESX server that has Solidcore in Observe mode.   Successive reboots didn't seem to  make the problem go away.

paging error.PNG

The skiplist  command failed to help as well.

However,  freeing up disk space from a few hundred MB   and now having 3GB free and then rebooting... did finally fix it.

I'm concluding for my case at least that Solidcore is unrelated aside from its installation contributing to an "already short on disk space" issue.

[sorry, post edited several times for clarity]

avilt
Level 8
Message 18 of 18

I am also facing this problem on Windows 7. I have VSE, Solidcore & removable device control installed. I have enough free space in C drive. Is there any credible evidence that it's caused by McAfee and workaround.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community