Did you mean: 
mlajoie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Specific Folder & Trusted User

Jump to solution

Hi.  We would like to identify a specific folder, on the computer,  that our application administrators could then copy to and install from.  I know that can be done through the policy identifying the specific folder.  We'd also like to lock down that folder to only allow a specific AD to launch the executable from inside that folder.  

We don't want this admin group to have universal rights to install applications from anywhere on the computer -- just that specific folder.

Please advise if that is possible and, if so, how.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: Specific Folder & Trusted User

Jump to solution

The only way you could accomplish that is through security policies for that folder. You would have to trust the folder in solidcore policy and then control who has access to that folder via ad

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can create a Trusted directory as mentioned in the below link to run any application from a particular folder.
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/application-control-8.1.0-windows-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/...

You can also add a Trusted user to run any application by the user you want.
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/application-control-8.1.0-windows-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/...

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any queries.

mlajoie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution
What about allowing the trusted user to only run an application from that one trusted directory? this would be an admin who remotes to a machine to install a piece of software so it isn't his everyday comptuer.
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

The only way you could accomplish that is through security policies for that folder. You would have to trust the folder in solidcore policy and then control who has access to that folder via ad

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community