Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: Solidcore uninstall

Jump to solution

This is why i sent the link above 2 replies ago.

Task

1. On the McAfee ePO console, select Menu  Systems  System Tree.
  2. Perform one of these actions.
    • To apply a client task to a group, select the group in the System Tree and switch to the Assigned Client Tasks tab.
    • To apply a client task to an endpoint, select the endpoint on the Systems page and click Actions  Agent  Modify Tasks on a Single System.
  3. Click Actions  New Client Task Assignment to open the Client Task Assignment Builder page.
  4. Select Solidcore 8.1.0  SC: Observe Mode and click Create New Task to open the Client Task Catalog page.
    1. Specify the task name and add any descriptive information.
    2. Select End Observe Mode and choose to place the endpoints in Enabled or Disabled mode.
  5. Click Save, then click Next to open the Schedule page.
  6. Specify scheduling details, click Next, then click Save.
  7. (Optional) Wake up the agent to send your client task to the endpoint immediately.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Maros
Level 7
Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

Sorry, just realized there is second page for this topic, I tried the solution You offered and it works.

Thanks

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

@Maros To be clear, you can't use the SC:Disable task if the MACC (McAfee Application and Change Control) client is in Observe mode, nor can you use the "sadmin disable" command locally.

To switch from Observe to Disable mode for the client:

• Run the SC:Observe Mode client task from ePO; set to End Observe Mode and Disable Solidcore client status in the task settings.
  • On the local client:
    • Run "sadmin eo -d"
      OR
    • Run "sadmin eo" (which ends Observe and switches to Enable), then "sadmin disable".
  • Reboot
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community