Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmac24
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Solidcore packaged in a Linux AMI image

I want to give our Cloud infrastructure packages to add to an image when they update their next builds. 

We did a POC of this a couple years ago but there have been several updates since then. Basically we're going to have them install the agent (clear the GUID), ENSL and Solidcore to utilize FIM. Once the images come online the agents will check into ePO, get policies, have the task run to enable SC, etc.

My question is whether or not I need to use the standalone license in this process or if it's enough to just install the client and once the system checks into ePO it will pull the license information?

Thanks,

Jim

3 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Solidcore packaged in a Linux AMI image

Hi @Jmac24 ,

Thank you for your post. When SolidCore is installed, it doesn't pull license from ePO unless there's a task to enable a feature.

If there's a task in place to enable Application Control/Change Control/Integrity Control, the license should be automatically pushed.

Please test on few systems and confirm if it works.

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jmac24
Level 12
Message 3 of 4

Ok, so for the goal of having it installed but sitting dormant until we enable it via ePO task will be fine if we simply install it and make sure there's no task that will automatically run once we have the agent installed. I'll be checking it out tomorrow. 

Jmac24
Level 12
Message 4 of 4

Follow up question. I don't have a system to test this on so I have to provide instructions for our Linux dev team to test. If I am installing solidcore into a Linux image to be deployed as a gold image for new instances that get spun up, can I install without the McAfee agent? 

The plan would be to install ENSTP, Solidcore and then the Agent last, clear the agent GUID and "seal" the image for deployment. In some other cases we'd just provide the packages and have the endpoint products install via script as the system comes online. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community