cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winston
Level 9

Solidcore installation

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to install McAfee Application Control? The product will be new to our organization. I am trying to come up with an average rollout baseline for sending out Solidcore to around 700 nodes.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Winston
Level 9

Re: Solidcore installation

Jump to solution

Hi Vjain not all the servers are the same size but you answer gives me a general idea of what to expect. Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi Winston,

Thread moved to Solid core section. You would assisted by our experts soon

Regards,

0 Kudos
vjain
Level 7

Jump to solution

This depends on the size of the volume because to enable Application Control, an whitelist is to be created first for all volumes. It may take few mintues to less then an hour. It is a good idea to do it on one of the machine to get exact time. I assume that all machines are having simliar size of volume.

0 Kudos
Winston
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Vjain not all the servers are the same size but you answer gives me a general idea of what to expect. Thanks.

0 Kudos
fichaelmigg
Level 9

Jump to solution

Wiston,

On my severs it takes about 20 minutes... so for 700 servers, it should take 14000 minutes?

Regards,

Fichael

rad_herppe
Level 7

Jump to solution

It shouldn't take a combined 14000 minutes unless each server existed in their own parallel dimension (read: String Theory or more specifically M Theory) but I guess the amount of workload overall would be correct.

on 4/18/12 1:22:59 PM CDT
0 Kudos
fichaelmigg
Level 9

Jump to solution

Rad,

yes, i was talking of the overall workload.  Thanks.  Some servers can do this at the same time.

Regards,

Fichael

Winston
Level 9

Jump to solution

Great. It appears most of the answers are consistent - between 20 - 60 minutes per server - depending on the resources / workload on the individual server. I appreciate the response.

0 Kudos