Good day community,
Maybe someone can help me with migration problem please.
Our client migrating from ePO 5.3.3 to the new ePO 5.9.1.Computers have only Mcafee agent and solidcore products installed.
The migration steps:
- client with Agent 4.6 and Solidcore 6.1.2 running on old ePO (5.3.3)
- Upgrading Agent from 4.6 -> 5.0.6 and Solidcore from 6.1.2 -> 8.0.0-817 on the old ePO (5.3.3) (Agent / Product deployment) prior to migration
- Upgrade success
- Migrating client to the new ePO (5.9.1) via Client task Transfer system
- Migration success
- Updating Agent from 5.0.6 -> 5.5.1 on the new ePO (5.9.1) (Agent / Product deployment)
- Update success
- Updating Solidcore from 8.0.0-817 to the (tried to update to Solidcore version 8.0.0-950 and 8.0.2-125 and 8.1.0-179) via Agent / Product deployment.
- Task everytime failed with “Unable to find valid repository" error.
I have logs from the test computer if needed.
Maybe someone saw such problem and can advise.
Thank you in advance!
Unable to find valid repository - means exactly that. Do you have agent handlers on 5.9.1?
If any details are present in the proxy section, make a note of these.
NOTE: If the folder opens but these files are missing, the issue lies with the process or application that is responsible for populating this repository. If the folder does not open, the repository might not exist or the logged on user might not have the correct read permissions to access the share.LoggingA verbose log file is available to assist troubleshooting.
Default location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\Db Filename: agent_<computer_name>.log (where <computer_name> is the hostname of the computer where the update is being initiated)
The log has a time-date stamp on the left. If an update has recently been attempted, this is recorded in the last 20 to 100 lines of the log.
Related InformationBackground information on SiteStat.xml
SiteStat.xml is used to determine the availability of the repository site:
- If the McAfee (Common Management) Agent cannot establish the network connection to the repository site, it terminates and you see the following entries in the agent log:
Error occurred while downloading the file SiteStat.xml
Error downloading the file CommonUpdater/SiteStat.xml, nainet GetLastError() = 4
- If the file is present and contains a status of Enabled, then the CMA continues with the update. If the file is not present or has a status of Disabled, the CMA attempts the next repository on the list.
- If the CMA cannot connect to any repository in the list, it records the following entry in the agent log:
Unable to find a valid repository
- If a replication to a repository is in progress, the status is changed to Disabled to protect file integrity and ensure a matched set of files.
- If the computer is ePO managed, the CatalogVersion is compared to information received from the ePO server. If the version is too old, Solidcore does not update from this site
If you have further questions. Please open a case with EPO Suppport, they should be able to help you with this.
Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Somehow I can't access my previous account, I'm the same one who posted this question.
So the problem was solved.
ePO server have two Network cards and in server.ini was default IP adress set.
After we changed an IP adress in the server.ini to the current the error gone.
Thank you all for replys!