Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phexik
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Solidcore agent migration and upgrade problems

Good day community,

Maybe someone can help me with migration problem please.

Our client migrating from ePO 5.3.3 to the new ePO 5.9.1.Computers have only Mcafee agent and solidcore products installed.

The migration steps:

- client with Agent 4.6 and Solidcore 6.1.2 running on old ePO (5.3.3)

- Upgrading Agent from 4.6 -> 5.0.6 and Solidcore from 6.1.2 -> 8.0.0-817 on the old ePO (5.3.3) (Agent / Product deployment) prior to migration

- Upgrade success

- Migrating client to the new ePO (5.9.1) via Client task Transfer system

- Migration success

- Updating Agent from 5.0.6 -> 5.5.1 on the new ePO (5.9.1) (Agent / Product deployment)

- Update success

- Updating Solidcore from 8.0.0-817 to the (tried to update to Solidcore version 8.0.0-950 and 8.0.2-125 and 8.1.0-179) via Agent / Product deployment.

- Task everytime failed with “Unable to find valid repository" error.update error.jpg

I have logs from the test computer if needed.

Maybe someone saw such problem and can advise.

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Solidcore agent migration and upgrade problems

Unable to find valid repository - means exactly that. Do you have agent handlers on 5.9.1?

SiteStat.xml is the first file the update process looks for. SiteStat.xml is used to validate the repository is correct and updated. Although there might be several causes for this error, most often there is some type of connectivity issue between the client and the repository it is attempting to access.

Solution

Troubleshooting a connection with a proxy server
Proxy servers such as Microsoft ISA Server often require authentication. By default, VSE attempts to use Internet Explorer proxy settings. However, this is sometimes insufficient.

To establish if a proxy server is in use
  1. Launch Internet Explorer.
  2. Click Tools, Internet Options.
  3. Select Connections, LAN Settings.

If any details are present in the proxy section, make a note of these.

1. Click Start, Run, type the full UNC path in the following format and press ENTER.

\\servername\sharedfolder\ 

2. Confirm the following files are present:
    • SiteStat.xml
    • catalog.z
    • Current (folder)
NOTE: If the folder opens but these files are missing, the issue lies with the process or application that is responsible for populating this repository. If the folder does not open, the repository might not exist or the logged on user might not have the correct read permissions to access the share.

Logging
A verbose log file is available to assist troubleshooting.
Default location:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\Db
Filename: agent_<computer_name>.log
  (where <computer_name> is the hostname of the computer where the update is being initiated)

The log has a time-date stamp on the left. If an update has recently been attempted, this is recorded in the last 20 to 100 lines of the log.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee RobertM
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Did you review McScript.log if package was downloaded successfully?

Hi all!

Somehow I can't access my previous account, I'm the same one who posted this question.

So the problem was solved.

ePO server have two Network cards and in server.ini was default IP adress set.

After we changed an IP adress in the server.ini to the current the error gone.

Thank you all for replys!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community