I am deploying Solidcore thru ePO 5.1 on Windows. From the following can anyone explain me the feature deny-read & deny-write? How can I disable them on clients from ePO?
mp Enabled Disabled-On-Reboot
mp-nx Enabled Disabled-On-Reboot
mp-vasr Enabled Disabled*-On-Reboot
mp-vasr-forced-relocation Enabled Disabled*-On-Reboot
Just to add a bit more to Harris's reply,
By default, the read-protect feature is disabled for optimal system performance. Run a command on the endpoint to enable read protection.
To disable them on clients from ePO, follow the below steps
To apply the client task to an endpoint, select the endpoint on the Systems page and click Actions | Agent | Modify Tasks on a Single System.
Click Actions | New Client Task Assignment.
1) Select the Solidcore 6.1.3 product, SC: Run Commands task type, and click Create New Task.
2) Specify the task name and add any descriptive information.
3) Type this command, "features enable deny-read"
4) Select Requires Response if you want to view the status of the commands in Menu | Automation | Solidcore Client Task Log tab.
5) Click Save.
6) Click Next to open the Schedule page.
7) Specify scheduling details, then click Next.
8) Review and verify the task details, then click Save.
9) Optionally, wake up the agent to send your client task to the endpoint immediately.
Just follow the above steps if you need to enable or disable features on specific end-points.
Deny-write option is enabled by default,it means that we can use the write protect feature in Solidcore.
Deny-write option is enabled by defult doesnt mean that user will not be able to write anything,you have to specify the path of the folder which you want to write protect
Deny-read option is dsabled by default ,it means that we cant use this feature ,we have to enabled it through a command to use this feature