Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kblowe
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Solidcore Feature Activation = Limited

Why does Feature Activation still display Limited in reports and under the McAfee About window?

I have MAC 8.0.0.855 insalled and trying to figure out why its showing Feature Activation is Limited.

I have the policy configured for Full. It was initially configured for Limited. I have rebooted. Is there anyway to get this changed to Full?  Do I need to uninstall the product or put it in Update mode then back to Enable or Observe mode for it to change. Please help.

6 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Solidcore Feature Activation = Limited

Hi @kblowe

The limited feature status means that when you run the enable task you selected to not force a reboot to enable memory protection and Script as Updater immediatley. After a reboot these features should become enabled and you should no longer see the status as limited.

You can try changing state, rebooting and re-enabling solidcore. If the issue still persists we would need to investigate this further by looking at the log files and look at why these features are initialising as intended.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
kblowe
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

I tried putting back to Observe Mode, reboot and back to Enable Mode, reboot. No luck.

Under Application Contol Options Policy, the Features tab. If any of the features are unchecked, does that switch the feature activation to limited instead of Full? Also, of ENforce feature control from McAfee ePO is unchecked and some of the features beneath it are checked, does that make the feature activation = limited?

I am running MAC 8.0.0.855 if that makes a difference.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

"Limited Feature Activation" is only applicable for the status of the client after running the enable task. It means endpoints are not restarted, whitelist created, and limited features of Application Control (memory protection features are unavailable) are activated. Memory protection features are available only after the endpoint is restarted. And at this point we expect you to see the Feature Activtation as Full.

To assist you further and investigate why the client isn't switching to "Full" after a reboot, please collect the gatherinfo logs and a MER file from your client and submit them to us via the portal alternitavley give us a call so we can assist you on a remote session.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
kblowe
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

I am unable to provide any logs from this environment due to its sensitivey. Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can follow to rectify the issue? Should I attempt an uninstall of Application Control, reboot, then reinstall in update mode? What do you suggest?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

One reason the the activiation can't take place, is if the drives haven't been solidified yet. If you run "sadmin status" on the machine, are you drives solidified?

Further you could try running the enable task locally on the machine "sadmin enable"

Ideally you should not install solidcore and put it straight into update mode - it should either be observe mode or enabled mode. 

Was my reply helpful?
kblowe
Level 8
Message 7 of 7

The drives are solidified. All the settings are configured accordingly except for the Activation Status. It still says limited, no matter if I disable SC then Reenable it. Or put in ovserve mode again and re-enable. It doesn't change the activation status from limited to full. THe only other option I am thinking is to try an uninstall of the product and reinstall with Full checked.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.