Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Solidcore 8.2.6 Extension Issue?

We recently installed the 8.2.6 extension into our environment and since then we've been unable to install Solidcore version 8.2.1 or 8.2.6 on one vendor's computers. These computers haven't changed and until this time we could install those versions. We have to install Solidcore 6.1.3 to have a version of Solidcore installed. This version installs and configures with no issue. We can update the McAfee Agent on the device without issue as well.

This is where it gets tricky. We don't have remote access to these devices so our log collection is limited to what ePO can pull. We can run a MER but of course that drops the logs on the machine itself. (great design)

One interesting fact is that Solidcore version 8.0 HF5 installs locally. This is part of the backup on the device.

If anyone has suggestions that would be great. I reached out to support but they are unable to assist since I can't remote into the device. No other McAfee software is on the device. I would prefer to wait until version 8.3.1 comes out before trying a new extension.

ePO is version 5.9.1 

McAfee Agent 5.6.3

12 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Re: Solidcore 8.2.6 Extension Issue?

Hi @tucker84,

Thank you for posting on the community.

If MACC version is 8.2.1 Update 5 and later, your endpoint might need to update the root certificate authorities.

The relevant KB is:

***How to update your root certificate authorities for McAfee product installation and upgrade success
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91697

I hope this helps.
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 13

The extension will not have anything to do with how it installs on the clients.

Please keep in mind the difference between 8.0 and 8.2 is you introduce Syscore. 

This could be the same thing issues you see with ENS installs.

The first thing to do is get a MER and look at the MSI log "solidcore_installer.log" and "MAC_MPT.log"

both located on c:\windows. But if you run a mer it grabs these automatically for you.

IF you get the logs and look for "Value 3" and scroll up on the Solidcore_install.log it should tell you why it failed. 

If you need help reading it please tell us what you see or open a case with support and we will be glad to help you get to a solution.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 13

Thank you Ben. We have been using version 8.2.1 which worked without issue until we brought in extension 8.2.6

Unfortunately even though I can run a MER I can't get the log files from the machine since it saves them locally and I don't have the ability to login

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 13

If you can run the epo-mer. It collects the mer to a share if you configure it.

https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_tools/toolsePOMER

Then you can look at the mer, it should have those files.. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 13

I tried to have it upload to a share on the ePO server but it fails. I enabled upload settings and UNC. Is there something I've misconfigured?

This is the file path

\\servername\c$\ePOMER

with credentials of domain\username

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 13

i cant tell you if its a crediential issue / network issue etc.

You would have to confirm that client can reach that server.. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 8 of 13

Credentials and network should be fine. The ID has permissions to get there. I'm running the WEBMER on a different station now that I can see the logs on. It's been going for a while but the process is still active so I'll wait until it's done to see if there are any issues.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 9 of 13

Thank you. I've tried to update the root certificates using that article and EEDK but I'm not certain it works. It's really a pain without full access on the machines. Our other options for updating are limited since the machines aren't domain joined. 

For EEDK I downloaded the batch file, renamed cert.bat, packaged, and checked in to ePO. I then put the device in update mode and tried the cert install. The install completes but when I try to install a newer version of Solidcore it just hangs, same as before. Do you know if I setup my EEDK right?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

if the install is hanging..see the following kb

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91528

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community