cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Solidcore 6.4.6-103 echo 'Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log for de

Jump to solution

During Solidcore 6.4.6-103 install on RHEL 6.10 kernel 2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64

1. ran ./mapkg_install.sh as root.

2. ask me to run ./build_target.sh and build_target.sh fails after a lot of detail.   I can copy and the paste all the detail if needed.

3. Support told us that this version supports all RHEL 6,7, and 8 kernels

4. where are the logs written on  RHEL Linux server?

5. I've installed this on RHEL 7.4 and RHEL 7.7 with 7.8 kernel, and didn't have any issues.

6. I added -x to the /bin/sh and /bin/bash to debugging details.

7. Any ideas why this is erroring out?

8. I also installed:  

+ echo 'Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log for details.'
Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log for details.
+ cleanup
+ rm -rf /home/mcafee/SOLIDCOR646-103_LNX/solidifier-ksrc-6.4.6-103 /home/mcafee/SOLIDCOR646-103_LNX/pre_built_drivers
+ exit 1

# /bin/sh mapkg_install.sh 2>&1 | tee /tmp/make-package-mcaffee-solidcore-log.`date '+%d%b%Y-%H:%M:%S'`
Installing build solidifier-kmod-6.4.6-103.LEL6.x86_64.rpm...
Could not find built-in support for kernel 2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64.
Run ‘./build_target.sh’ to configure your system for re-building the kernel module including support for kernel 2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64.

Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
Loaded plugins: product-id, subscription-manager
+ SOURCE_DIR_PACKAGE=/usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64
+ DESTINATION_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64
+ '[' '!' -d /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64 ']'
+ '[' -d /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64 ']'
+ cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64
+ '[' '!' -d /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64/include/copied ']'
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ echo 'Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log for details.'
Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log for details.
+ cleanup
+ rm -rf /home/mcafee/SOLIDCOR646-103_LNX/solidifier-ksrc-6.4.6-103 /home/mcafee/SOLIDCOR646-103_LNX/pre_built_drivers
+ exit 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Solidcore 6.4.6-103 echo 'Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log fo

Jump to solution

Hello @DarinL 

The most relevant KB for Linux Support validation is:

*** Linux kernel support for Application and Change Control 6.4.x
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91985

As you may see, your kernel 2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64 is not listed there as supported one.

Now in situation if your kernel is not supported "./build_target.sh" is there as an option for Solidcore to try and rebuild the MACC kernel driver for unsupported Linux kernels:

*** How to build Application and Change Control on an unsupported kernel
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89516

There you also have section for "Troubleshooting kernel support process".

The bottom line is, if your kernel is not supported and rebuild the MACC kernel driver for unsupported Linux kernels is not working either, next step is to open Service Request with Support and request support for the kernel.

I hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Solidcore 6.4.6-103 echo 'Error: Failed to copy the required kernel headers. See the full log fo

Jump to solution

Hello @DarinL 

The most relevant KB for Linux Support validation is:

*** Linux kernel support for Application and Change Control 6.4.x
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91985

As you may see, your kernel 2.6.32-754.29.1.el6.x86_64 is not listed there as supported one.

Now in situation if your kernel is not supported "./build_target.sh" is there as an option for Solidcore to try and rebuild the MACC kernel driver for unsupported Linux kernels:

*** How to build Application and Change Control on an unsupported kernel
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89516

There you also have section for "Troubleshooting kernel support process".

The bottom line is, if your kernel is not supported and rebuild the MACC kernel driver for unsupported Linux kernels is not working either, next step is to open Service Request with Support and request support for the kernel.

I hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community