Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maros
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Send Feedback to McAfee GTI Server failing

Hi All,

Is there any solution for getting the reputation of unknown files for Solidcore which is permanently failing on our ePO server.

This happens every day when ePO tries to fetch ratings from GTI server.

9/27/19 1:11:12 AMStarted: Solidcore: Send Feedback to McAfee GTI Server
9/27/19 1:26:56 AMCompleted Sending Policy Feedback data to McAfee GTI Server.
9/27/19 1:47:22 AMAn exception occurred while sending feedback to McAfee GTI Feedback Server
9/27/19 1:47:22 AMCompleted: Solidcore: Send Feedback to McAfee GTI Server (Status of Policy, Inventory feedback : FAILURE)

Thanks for reply.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Send Feedback to McAfee GTI Server failing

The purpose of the Solidcore: Send Policy and Inventory Feedback to McAfee GTI Server task is to improve the product. It is not a function of the product. Inventory feedback data is no longer used by McAfee for analytics. We recommend that you disable this task > KB91532

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
Maros
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Ok, thanks for reply. How should I get the rating for unknown files then ? Just by using offline GTI tool ?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

This task has nothing to do with the ratings from GTI. Solidcore periodically synchronises with the McAfee GTI server to fetch the ratings. The Fetch File Details from McAfee GTI Server and Fetch Certificate Reputation from McAfee GTI Server tasks are internal tasks that run automatically several times a day to get these.

All you need to do is to ensure that the GTI server is reachable:

1. Select Menu  Configuration  Registered Servers.
  2. Select McAfee GTI Server and click Actions  Edit.
  3. Click Test Connection to verify connectivity.
  4. Click Save.

If your environment is isolated please see: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/application-control-8.0.0-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUI...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community