cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLIDCORE.LOG Is it normal for files to be repetitively removed and then added back immediately?

Within the SOLIDCORE.LOG, is this normal behavior for files to be repetitively removed and then added back immediately? I see this in the Solidcore.log repetitively, every 5 min the same files are removed & added back.

SYSTEM: cmdi_process.c:  505: Command 'sadmin attr remove -a "\Program Files\PPSG\PSISoftwareLicense.dll"' returned 0: No error

SYSTEM: cmdi_process.c:  505: Command 'sadmin attr add -a "\Program Files\PPSG\PSISoftwareLicense.dll"' returned 0: No error

3 Replies
McAfee Employee RobertM
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: SOLIDCORE.LOG Is it normal for files to be repetitively removed and then added back immediately?

This looks like McAfee Agent have policy enforcement interval of 5 minutes. What might be happening is the policy interval duration is too short. The new policy enforce kickoff before the policy completely apply. This in turns will remove current rules and start applying rules from the beginning.

Re: SOLIDCORE.LOG Is it normal for files to be repetitively removed and then added back immediately?

Thanks for the response.

That sounds realistic. Is there a Best Practice or  recommenced interval it should be set at? This setting was in place before I took over Application Control.

I could  set it it to higher. We have our machines check in once every hour, should this apply policy be set to the same or is there a reason to keep it shorter?

McAfee Employee RobertM
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I recall earlier MA versions have enforcement interval set at 5 minutes as the default. The later versions were changed to 60 minutes as the default. I suggest starting with default values and monitor logs. There are no Best Practice Guide I can find for McAfee Agent.