cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHA vlaue to allowed in Application control solidcore.

Jump to solution

How to get sha value for each exe, dll, sys file which is getting blocked by Mcafee Solidcore. How to execlude any folder from centralized managed by ePO (Application control solidcore).

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

Re: SHA vlaue to allowed in Application control solidcore.

Jump to solution

1. open ePO console

2. open Solidcore Events

3. open the relevant Solidcore Event

> here you can see the information

To continue from that event to create a rule:

4. select an event

5. press "actions" at the bottom of the page

6. select "exclude events" and that's where you will be guided through to create a rule

If you need more steps or guidance on how to do this, I would suggest calling Technical Support and asking for a remote session to assist you with this.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution
Excellent! Glad to hear 🙂
Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
8 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

If you look at your Solidcore Events from within ePO, you'll see information such as MD5/ SHA of the certain file. From the Solidcore Event you can select actions > Exclude Events and you'll be guided through a setup to help you define a rule for that event.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I could not able to understand your suggestion. Could be provide step how to get SHA value for any exe, dll or sys file. Suppose some exe file is getting denied by Centralized EPO based Whitelisting application control. So how can I get SHA value and add same in EPO server to whitelist blocked exe file. If possible please provide me step to understand in better way. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

1. open ePO console

2. open Solidcore Events

3. open the relevant Solidcore Event

> here you can see the information

To continue from that event to create a rule:

4. select an event

5. press "actions" at the bottom of the page

6. select "exclude events" and that's where you will be guided through to create a rule

If you need more steps or guidance on how to do this, I would suggest calling Technical Support and asking for a remote session to assist you with this.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your support. It worked for me. Thank you very much.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution
Excellent! Glad to hear 🙂
Was my reply helpful?

Windows system is not getting boot issue in enable mode

Jump to solution

in one of client PC windows 10 I am facing one more issue. Windows system is not getting boot and could not able to start windows itself after putting into enable mode from observed mode of solidcore. As soon as I restart windows 10 system after putting enabled mode from observed mode. When we put enable mode of solidcore after restart windows itself is not getting boot & could not able restart.
Hence I had to format all time. I tried 4 times all times facing same issue. always I had formatted & reloaded Windows OS. could you please suggest solution for this issue. I am using centralized Solidcore application control mcafee ePO based. Please suggest solution for this issue.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Re: Windows system is not getting boot issue in enable mode

Jump to solution

Have you tried to recover solidcore in these situations?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85958

You can change RTEModeonReboot = 2 instead of 0 and it should also boot if its whitelist related. 

Please make sure you are using update 4. and following KB91257. If you need help we will need more information, we will need a MER, and a case in tech support to help you out. We may even require the full memory dump.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Windows system is not getting boot issue in enable mode

Jump to solution

Windows 10 is in UEFI mode so could not able to run in safe mode & by changing  RTEModeonReboot value it will change the mode of solidcore but any way I have to run in enable mode. 

Could you please tell what could be the reason by changing observed to enable mode. Windows is not geeting bootup.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community