Did you mean: 
mlajoie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Reporting Inventory

Jump to solution

I'd like to export the inventory.  Is there a clean way to do that?  Right now, i'm looking at exporting *a lot* of records and it just isn't feasible.  Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Reporting Inventory

Jump to solution

Have you tried creating a report > 

1. CLick Queries and Report

2. New Query

3. Select Solidcore(on left) and Solidcore Applications (on right)

4. then configure your report. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Exporting an inventory is a lot of records. you are talking about every binary on a machine.. 

So are you looking for Exporiting in a csv? or please explain what you are trying to accomplish with "exporting Inventory"

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mlajoie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

we're had about 800 machines in observation mode for about two months now.  we'd like to report to the project team on what applications we have found, including multiple versions.  we don't really want to report down to the DLL level, but just a high level "hey, we have 15 different versions of adobe reader" type of report.  there doesn't appear any good way to do that?  hopefully, I'm just missing it but any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

BenEllis
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Have you tried creating a report > 

1. CLick Queries and Report

2. New Query

3. Select Solidcore(on left) and Solidcore Applications (on right)

4. then configure your report. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

mlajoie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution
I had not. I was looking only at the canned queries and that only had a top 10 list of vendors. This works for me. Thank you!
UK
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I am also looking for something similar. We are currently deploying systems in observe mode.  Would like to take an inventory of the applications that can be presented to  Risk &  Compliance for approval.

Want to have  a basic report  like  Application  Name ,  Application Vendor ,  Version, Path Name …..

similar to what  BigFix probably does.

I am new to App Control  &  ePO. Would appreciate if someone can walk me through the steps needed to create such a report.  Also if someone can share a  screenshot of what the actual inventory report would look like.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community