cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Client Task to go from Observe to Disabled....

Jump to solution

In the ePO console, there is a Client Task to go from Observe to Disabled mode. This takes a system that is currently in Observe mode and places the "Status after reboot" to Disabled mode. This is convenient because you don't have to put a system in Enabled mode in order to set MAC to Disabled on reboot.

My question is, since this is a Client Task, is there a 'sadmin' command in the local CLI that would do the same thing (when you do 'sadmin disable', it says that it cannot go to Disabled mode from Observe mode)? I looked through the command list and didn't find a specific command that can do the same thing as the console. If there isn't such a command, then I presume it is an ePO only feature and in the local CLI, you cannot go from Observe to Disabled?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

Re: Question regarding Client Task to go from Observe to Disabled....

Jump to solution

You can also try the Sadmin End-Observe -d command to achieve the objective 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your query

In order to put a machine into update mode from observe mode, please run the below command 

Sadmin EO -d

This will put the machine in update mode on next reboot

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

You can also try the Sadmin End-Observe -d command to achieve the objective 

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

That worked! Running "sadmin eo -d" did the trick. That changed the server from "Observe" with "Observe after reboot" to "Observe" with "Disabled on reboot". That's exactly what I was looking for!

Kudos to you and Accepted as solution.

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you and kudos to you for marking the answer as Solution. This will help other users with similar question to find the answer

Was my reply helpful?

Task to go from Observe to Disabled....

Jump to solution

How to do observe to disabled mode using task from epo, there is no such option end observe mode in client task, we dont want to do from end point machine using CLI, plss solve this

McAfee Employee gnautiya
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Re: Task to go from Observe to Disabled....

Jump to solution

You can use the task name as "SC:End Observe Mode" , there is an option to select within this task which mode you want to enter.

Check the box for going into "disable mode".

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

As already suggested by @gnautiya you will need to create a client task to end observe mode and select the option to disable Solid core client 

Please refer to the screen shot End Observe Mode.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you. I am familiar with setting that task up as a Client Task on the ePO side. My question was specifically in regards to running a SADMIN command in the local CLI in order to go from observe to disabled. The suggestion to run the "sadmin eo -d" worked.

Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community