cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently disable Memory Protection

Hi, we need to know if there is a way to permanently disable Memory Protection feature from MACC since we noticed that the "Enabled on Reboot" flag is always on after we disable memory protection modules on a group of systems. Thank you for your assistance. Regards, Kyle
12 Replies
DG1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: Permanently disable Memory Protection

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for posting and the below KB will help you with the same.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90732

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Thanks and regards,
Deepak G
McAfee Technical Support

Hello Deepak G.

I appreciate your quick response.

We were already aware of the article which you linked however we did not take action because it mentions that you cannot enable again after installation

We would like to know which installation the article is talking about. Is it McAfee Solidcore?

So once we will disable it will be permanently disable right? 

Thank you

Kyle.

DG1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Hi Kyle,

The KB is talking about the McAfee Solidcore (MACC). Please do let me know if you have any other questions as well. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Thanks and regards,
Deepak G
McAfee Technical Support

Hi Deepak

Ok so to confirm we can re-enable memory protection in the future if need be? If so how do we achieve this please?

Another question I have is whether memory protection is disabled on whatever MACC mode the system is on, such as Enable Mode Observe Mode.

Thank you.

Kyle

DG1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Hi Kyle,

Disabling the SAU and MP features in the initial feature configuration is permanent. These features can't be enabled again after installation.  You will have to reinstall to enable the features and Yes it is disabled on all modes. 

Was my reply helpful?
Thanks and regards,
Deepak G
McAfee Technical Support

Thank you Deepak

Quoting you, please note the words in bold.

@DG1 wrote:

Disabling the SAU and MP features in the initial feature configuration is permanent. These features can't be enabled again after installation.  You will have to reinstall to enable the features and Yes it is disabled on all modes. 

Installation and Re-installation refer to Solidcore right and not the actual task installation?

Sorry if I repeated my question but I need to make sure I understand correctly before I apply this change on a number of machines.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kyle 

DG1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Hi Kyle,

Reinstallation refers to Solidcore. 

Was my reply helpful?
Thanks and regards,
Deepak G
McAfee Technical Support
DG1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

Hi Kyle,

Hope I have answered all your questions if so you mark this as  "Accept as a solution".

Was my reply helpful?
Thanks and regards,
Deepak G
McAfee Technical Support

Hi Deepak

We followed the steps in the article you linked and it didn't work. Please see attachments.

The system in question is the following:

• Solidcore: 8.3.1.124

Article mention:

Their status appears as Disabled (configuration blocked) when these settings are enforced.

So where should we see this, on ePO or in CLI features list?

Thank you

Kyle

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community