Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PENG
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

PC cannot enter the system after installing Solidcore

After installing Windows 2007 SP1 on a PC, I switched from the Disable mode to the Enable mode for the first time.This caused my computer to need to reboot.

But when I rebooted, I found that my computer kept loading. The computer system kept loading for two hours, but still couldn't get in.I had to rebuild my computer.

Has anyone had this problem? I wonder how to solve this problem.I really appreciate your help

3 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: PC cannot enter the system after installing Solidcore

Hi @PENG ,

Thank you for your post. Please clarify if you're installing SolidCore on Windows 7 SP1.

After enabling SolidCore if the system goes into recovery/boot failure. Then please follow the steps below.

1. Boot the system to Safe Mode (press F8 before the Windows boot screen).

2. Open the Registry editor. Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click OK.

3. Navigate to the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\swin\Parameters]

4. Double-click DWORD RTEModeOnReboot and change the value to 0.

5. Reboot the system. MACC is now disabled.

Source - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85958

We may later require to identify if the issue is related to Memory Protection on the System. If you're using ENS and SolidCore memory protection should be disabled. Please read more about it in the link below.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85958

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

PENG
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much for your advice
I installed SolidCore on Windows 7 SP1,I'll try your suggestion to see if we can solve the problem
I have some questions about your suggestion
1.If I disable MACC, how will this affect my other software
2.On this computer, I installed ENS.How do I disable memory protection. The second link is how to disable MACC.
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hi @PENG ,

Please find my response below.

1.If I disable MACC, how will this affect my other software

Disabling MACC in safe mode is to recover the system incase there are any boot issues. It shouldn't affect any other software as MACC is disabled.

2.On this computer, I installed ENS.How do I disable memory protection. The second link is how to disable MACC.

Yes, please refer the link below to disable Memory Protection on the systems which has ENS, VSE or HIPS.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81465

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community