cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Migrating FIM systems to new ePO server.

What is the process for migrating FIM systems to new ePO.   I can't do a system transfer the ePO servers are managed by two different third party companies.    I am thinking using the McAfeeProductRemoval application to remove Application Control/FIM.   The do a force agent install then reinstall FIM. 

Will this approach work, are there any issues that I should be concerned about?

Thank you, 

1 Reply
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Migrating FIM systems to new ePO server.

Hi @Gary,

Thank you for your post. Please clarify if you're looking to migrate systems with FIM from one ePO to another.

You may try the steps below.

1) Export the policies & then import it on the Server

2) Re-install McAfee Agent and check if the system reports on the new server with all its properties.

Just incase SolidCore is un-managed after re-installing McAfee Agent, please try the following.

Solidcore Agent versions 6.1.3, 6.2 and later:

During the installation of Solidcore Agent versions 6.1.3 and later, the Solidcore installer verifies whether McAfee Agent is present and connects to it. No further steps are usually needed to be managed by ePO. If a disconnect occurs, run the following command from the CMD prompt that is run at installation:

C:\Program Files\mcafee\solidcore\instaconfig /connect

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community