Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VPaclt
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Memory Protection caused performance issue

Hello,

we have a problem with Memory Protection in Solidcore 8.x which caused various performance issues. In some cases CPU is running on 100%, or production softwares are very slow during operations, ... . Affected software is not one type, but many different brands. 
Solution that help was to disable VASR by command "sadmin features disable mp-vasr". Based on this, I was trying to create rules based on the local log file for every VASR error (vasr_hooks or vasr violation detected) but without success. Only disable vasr feature help. 
OS on affected clients: Windows 7, Windows 10 

Is it possible that memory protection of solidcore has a problem with windows memory protection ?

Do you have some solution without needs to disable mp-vasr at all ?

Soldicore versions we have in use: 8.0.0-950 , 8.0.2-125
Agent: 5.5.1-342

Thank you,

Vlastimil Paclt
ZF

1 Reply
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Memory Protection caused performance issue

please increase log level "sadmin loglevel enable pst info"

then reproduce the issue.

Collect Gatherinfo and open a case with support. 

If customer has ENS or VSE installed on the machine. Then MP needs to be disabled anyways and you dont need an exception.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.