cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Tray Icon Missing after Installation Agent

Hello

my problem is, that after installation the McAfee Agent, the tray icon is still not visible. I dont' know what to do. On other pcs it works pretty fine. The OS I am having the problem is WIN XP SP2. I don't use a RDP Connection to go to the screen on the pc.

Does anyone know the problem or a solution?

Regards

MARVIN

0 Kudos
7 Replies
c14us
Level 7

Re: McAfee Tray Icon Missing after Installation Agent

It's unfortunately very commonly seen.

When you pop up the MA gui manually with cmdagent.exe /s, the tray icon usually come straight up within some seconds

\Claus

0 Kudos

Hello C14us

I have started the MA Gui manually with cmdagent.exe /s. The Gui was openend, but the tray icon is still missing, even waiting for seconds, minutes....any other ideas?

Thanks

MARVIN

0 Kudos
c14us
Level 7

Hi Marvin

If it's not working, then I suspect somthing more is wrong. It could be lagging communication with the ePO.

I recommend you enable verbose logging for the MA, and have a look at it.

Give it for instance the command cmdagent.exe /C and watch the log (eventually post the log in this forum, if policy refresh fails)

RegaRds

Claus

0 Kudos

How do I activate the logging for MA? Is this the how to in KB82170?

Thanks MARVIN

0 Kudos
c14us
Level 7

0 Kudos
fitchsoccer342
Level 13

Its probably already set, but if you check your McAfee Agent policy there is a check box to show the agent in the system tray, I would just make sure that is checked for the machines in question.

I have checked the Agent Policy and the check box is set. I will tray the step from "c14s".

Thanks

MARVIN

0 Kudos