cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Tray Icon Missing after Installation Agent

Hello

my problem is, that after installation the McAfee Agent, the tray icon is still not visible. I dont' know what to do. On other pcs it works pretty fine. The OS I am having the problem is WIN XP SP2. I don't use a RDP Connection to go to the screen on the pc.

Does anyone know the problem or a solution?

Regards

MARVIN

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Tray Icon Missing after Installation Agent

It's unfortunately very commonly seen.

When you pop up the MA gui manually with cmdagent.exe /s, the tray icon usually come straight up within some seconds

\Claus

Highlighted

Hello C14us

I have started the MA Gui manually with cmdagent.exe /s. The Gui was openend, but the tray icon is still missing, even waiting for seconds, minutes....any other ideas?

Thanks

MARVIN

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

Hi Marvin

If it's not working, then I suspect somthing more is wrong. It could be lagging communication with the ePO.

I recommend you enable verbose logging for the MA, and have a look at it.

Give it for instance the command cmdagent.exe /C and watch the log (eventually post the log in this forum, if policy refresh fails)

RegaRds

Claus

Highlighted

How do I activate the logging for MA? Is this the how to in KB82170?

Thanks MARVIN

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 8

Highlighted

Its probably already set, but if you check your McAfee Agent policy there is a check box to show the agent in the system tray, I would just make sure that is checked for the machines in question.

Highlighted

I have checked the Agent Policy and the check box is set. I will tray the step from "c14s".

Thanks

MARVIN

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community