cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Manage Remote Endpoints on Seperate Network from ePO with McAfee APP & Change Control

Jump to solution

I have an ePO server used in managing our endpoints in the organization but users sometimes take thier PC's home and work from home, however when a request comes from those users to allow a specific application how can i establish a server-agent communication with the managed PC since its now on a seperate network?

Urgently require a response.

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: Manage Remote Endpoints on Seperate Network from ePO with McAfee APP & Change Control

Jump to solution

Hello @Solopraiz 

Thanks for your response.

I would recommend you to please install Agent Handler in DMZ and once it will get installed all the machine will come and take the updates from Agent Handler.

You need to find one server machine and after that you can run the Agent Handler Setup which is available inside the ePO Setup file.

Please refer the below KB Article for allowing the ports:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-66329D34-B7B...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Manage Remote Endpoints on Seperate Network from ePO with McAfee APP & Change Control

Jump to solution

Hi @Solopraiz,

Thank you for your post. That is an interesting question. May I know if the "user in this scenario" will have access to your internal network via VPN?

Since this question is pointed at how we can establish Agent Server communication when the endpoint is out of office, I think it is more suited for our ePO Team to answer this. To ensure you get the right visibility from the experts, I would also recommend moving this post to the below forum:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/bd-p/epolicy-orchestrator

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@AdithyanT  Thanks for your quick response, for now we are looking at options that can resolve the raised issue. If it has to be through VPN then we can put it in place but i raised the question to know if there are other possible options or scenarios that can be done to establish the Agent-Server communication.

I will also move it to the specified forum as you've said.

Thanks.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Solopraiz,

Yes, there are, but I am afraid I do not have the expertise to suggest you the options available. So let me tag in few of my colleagues from ePO team to help you out here while you can move the thread to their forum as well.

@vivs @LKS @cdinet : Requesting your kind advise on learning the other options we can make use of to establish Agent Server Communication when we have machines moving out of ePO's network.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @AdithyanT 

I Appreciate your response

Awaiting a response from your expertise as soon as possible.

Thanks for your Help

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @Solopraiz 

Thanks for your response.

I would recommend you to please install Agent Handler in DMZ and once it will get installed all the machine will come and take the updates from Agent Handler.

You need to find one server machine and after that you can run the Agent Handler Setup which is available inside the ePO Setup file.

Please refer the below KB Article for allowing the ports:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-66329D34-B7B...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community