cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

I am going to run a script that has been created that will increase the Application Control Log size and number to keep.  This is going to be pushed out to a number of systems in my environment and instead of logging on to each system individually, i was hoping there is a query or a tool I can use to verify that this has worked the way i want it to. 

In the SolidCore Events there is a File Modified option under the Event Display Name.  Will this work.  My theory is, we are modifying a file, it is the Log, and it should be managed, so when this script is run, this should trigger.  Am I looking at this in the wrong way?  Is there a query I can build that can look at the SolidCore logs and show the size of them? 

Thanks for any help and support you can offer. 

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Log increase confirmation

It took a bit but I was able to determine how to figure out if the log files for SolidCore are upgraded.  Here is the process.

In Client Tasks under SolidCore --> SC 8.0.0: Run Commands:  create a task called Log File Size

Then enter the following command in the Text box -- sadmin config show.  Make sure that the Requires Response box is checked., 

Once the above is complete find the system you want to verify the log size and run the newly made client task.  It can be scheduled or it can be a Run Client Task Now if needed.  When it is complete you can view the results in the Automation --> SolidCore Client Task Log.   If you run this on multiple systems there will be multiple entries. 

Cheers gang.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community