cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_C
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Importing Solidcore Rules into ePO - "Data with same key already exists in database"

Jump to solution

Having an issue importing a solidcore rule xml into ePO where it throws an error "Data with same key already exists in database"

How can i track this down and discover where the key is located in the database?

Scor_applications table is empty , could that same key be located in a policy table some where?

Any suggestions on where to troubleshoot?

Regards

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Aaron_C
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

Re: Importing Solidcore Rules into ePO - "Data with same key already exists in database"

Jump to solution

This has been solved, seemed to be a bug in the scor_applciations table when adding an installer with only a sha256 hash and no sha1 hash.

Thanks for your help Ben.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Re: Importing Solidcore Rules into ePO - "Data with same key already exists in database"

Jump to solution

We have a kb on this.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90596

It was the different behavior but same error in the logs.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Need to enable debug logging and look at the orion logs. 

Also what extension?

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Aaron_C
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Ben,

Not sure on extension? this is just an export of solidcore rules from one server to another.

Importing into ePO/Configuration/Solidcore Rules.

I believe its to do with one of the installers being imported, however i cannot manually add that into the solidcore installers , for some reason when i add another installer after adding the first one it removes the previous 😕

I'll enable debugging and see what orion brings up.

Appreciate you helping out 🙂

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Find the extension version: 

1. open epo

2. Menu > Software > Extensions

3. Look for Solidcore and tell me the version that you have installed on export and the server you are importing.

4. Do you have a copy of your export that you can upload here?

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

If you dont want to upload here. You can create a case on the Support portal and then upload there and share the ticket number.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Aaron_C
Level 8
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Exporting from server with solidcore 8.1.1.103 to a server with version 8.0.0.231.

I have identified the installers not being able to import, however i cant find them in the database anywhere?

Where should i be looking in the database for a duplicate key?

Unable to upload the rulegroup at this stage.

The installers identified just have sha1 and sha256 entries. Even if i manually add them into the scor_applications table it will throw an error after trying to put the second one in.

Regards

Aaron_C
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

This has been solved, seemed to be a bug in the scor_applciations table when adding an installer with only a sha256 hash and no sha1 hash.

Thanks for your help Ben.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

We have a kb on this.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90596

It was the different behavior but same error in the logs.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

Aaron_C
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Precisely the issue, im guessing an update of solidcore needs to be in the works.

Thanks Ben, appreciate your time on this.

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

This should be solved in extension 8.2.1 HF1

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28202/en_US/...

1257561 Import custom rules no longer fails

I will get the kb updated.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community