cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erik
Level 9

Howto add a local user to Trusted Users in ePO

I am trying to add a local user to the Trusted Users group. Have tried the following formats:

• Administrator
  • .\Administrator
  • CLIENT1\Administrator

All of them do not result in the user being able to install/update software as suggested by the productguide.

What am I doing wrong? Please let me know the appropratie syntax for the following fields:

• Domain\User
  • User Label
  • Name

(Using ePO 4.5 and SolidCore 5.0.0-6201)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Re: Howto add a local user to Trusted Users in ePO

You should use machine name\user name -> apply policies. Try with run as if you logged in as another user, otherwise just logoff and try. Check also your client end S3 command window is locked down..!!

- Amiya Bisoi

0 Kudos
dppcmsj
Level 9

If you are adding a local user, just add the username WITHOUT a domain specified. EPO will want you to add in the form of domain\username, but for a local account the only way I was able to get it to work was to simply add the username. When we used .\ for a local administrator, Solidcore didn't like it and kept blocking until we modified the Trusted user ID to include only the username.

So, for a local user, do the following:

Domain\user: username only

User label: whatever value you want

Name: whatever value you want

After this works, you'll see the Name label specified in the UPDATER: value in the event logs for file solidified/file created/file deleted events that are logged when an updater performs some type of action.

Message was edited by: dppcmsj on 10/5/10 5:42:52 PM CDT
0 Kudos
Erik
Level 9

Thanks dppcmsj, i found the same myself. Indeed only username appears to be the correct format, and it requires the specified user to logoff and logon again before it is properly applied.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I recommend you upgrade to Solidifier 5.0.2-6702. This build fixed some issues with trusted users.

0 Kudos