Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erik
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Howto add a local user to Trusted Users in ePO

I am trying to add a local user to the Trusted Users group. Have tried the following formats:

• Administrator
  • .\Administrator
  • CLIENT1\Administrator

All of them do not result in the user being able to install/update software as suggested by the productguide.

What am I doing wrong? Please let me know the appropratie syntax for the following fields:

• Domain\User
  • User Label
  • Name

(Using ePO 4.5 and SolidCore 5.0.0-6201)

4 Replies

Re: Howto add a local user to Trusted Users in ePO

You should use machine name\user name -> apply policies. Try with run as if you logged in as another user, otherwise just logoff and try. Check also your client end S3 command window is locked down..!!

- Amiya Bisoi

If you are adding a local user, just add the username WITHOUT a domain specified. EPO will want you to add in the form of domain\username, but for a local account the only way I was able to get it to work was to simply add the username. When we used .\ for a local administrator, Solidcore didn't like it and kept blocking until we modified the Trusted user ID to include only the username.

So, for a local user, do the following:

Domain\user: username only

User label: whatever value you want

Name: whatever value you want

After this works, you'll see the Name label specified in the UPDATER: value in the event logs for file solidified/file created/file deleted events that are logged when an updater performs some type of action.

Message was edited by: dppcmsj on 10/5/10 5:42:52 PM CDT
Highlighted
Erik
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

Thanks dppcmsj, i found the same myself. Indeed only username appears to be the correct format, and it requires the specified user to logoff and logon again before it is properly applied.

McAfee Employee RobertM
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

I recommend you upgrade to Solidifier 5.0.2-6702. This build fixed some issues with trusted users.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center