cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nueman62
Level 7

How to make Solidcore recognize my USB stick running Ironkey.exe

With the USB stick inserted and Solidcore 5.1 running on client machines to use my stick I have to put system in update mode just so the stick will show me the directory that the executable is in, this is due to the USB has an autorun file that will not execute.

System in BU mode,  I run the executable used the stick, no problem.   Run solidify.   Locked down the system.

Insert USB it is not be recognized.

How can I configure solidcore to allow this USB device in any client, without first putting into update mode.

Message was edited by: nueman62 on 3/11/13 7:43:31 PM CDT
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sagarmc004
Level 7

Re: How to make Solidcore recognize my USB stick running Ironkey.exe

Did you find a solution for this problem ? I am facing a similar issue.

My Autorun.inf file is called from a DVD and it is not allowed to run.

Content of Autorun.inf  .

[autorun]

OPEN=c:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /i RUN.msi

Is there a way to configure and allow Autorun in Solidcore ?

0 Kudos
nueman62
Level 7

Didn't get an answer on this board, but we added ironkey.exe as a trusted file or directory can't remember which right now in EPO, and when policy was pused we could access on all machines locked down with solidcore.  Not at work right now if I remember next monday I will type up our procedure for it.

That may be a solution for you Sagar but I wouldn't do it as to many CD's out there use that string to autorun and people will be able to autorun just about anything

Message was edited by: nueman62 on 11/1/13 7:52:58 AM CDT
0 Kudos
petersimmons
Level 12

I would probably not whitelist it as a trusted directory but you can probably add it as a binary. I don't personally own an Ironkey so I don't know how often it changes. If it doesn't change then you can easily add it as a binary (hash).

0 Kudos