cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get serial key from grant number

Jump to solution

I  have a grant number and EPO license key. But I don't know how to get the serial number when installing Solidifier 6.2. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

Re: How to get serial key from grant number

Jump to solution

Hello 

As you are still facing an issue with the installation, I request you to kindly reach out to McAfee Technical support team and log a service request. We will be able to help you better over the remote session

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your query here

You can get the McAfee Application Control (Solid Core) License key from the Software Manager in ePO 

Please follow the steps below to get the serial key for Solid core 

Click on Menu and select Software Manager

From Product Categories select McAfee Application Control 6.2 (or any version you are installing)

In bottom pane select License file for McAfee Application Control 

This file will have the license or serial number for both standalone installation and Installing solid core from ePO.  You can refer to the below pic 

Solid core License key.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I would like to know how to login to the Software Manager in McAfee Application Control.

Do you have a guideline that tells me how to do it step by step? 

I have login the download products page that only has this software for my download as per the attached Jpeg. 

Thanks 

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi yhcheung,

All the Products which you purchased has been linked in the backend to the current Grant no. You can just refresh the Software Manager list and it should reflect. 

Secondly, sometimes you would have received new license key from your Sales Account manager upon purchasing a new product. If yes, copy that license key, goto ePO-->server settings-->license key-->edit and update the new license key. Incase if you have difficulties to find the new key or if you are not sure, then login to McAfee product site-->enter your Grant no and mail address, there you would see all license key. Try updating one another key. 

Once you updated, come back to software manager refresh the page and you should see the product listed over there.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Adding to the above thread, to License key to the software, then follow the below steps.

Task
1 On the McAfee ePO console, select Menu | Configuration | Server Settings to open the Setting Categories page.
2 Select Solidcore, then click Edit to open the Edit Solidcore page.
3 Enter the license keys, then click Save.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @yhcheung 

Thank you for your post. I think this thread needs to be moved to MACC. I would like to know if this product is deployed to your machine via ePO or is it a standalone installation.

The licensing procedure may vary accordingly. on ePO managed machines, an SC: Enable task can take care of licensing.

Here is a very detailed KBA that should assist you with this. I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

Thanks. It is a standalone installation.

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Thanks for your response.

Please login to the ePO Console click on the menu and you will be able to see the Software Catalog under Software.

eposmgr.PNG

Task

1. On the McAfee ePO console, select Menu  Configuration  Server Settings to open the Setting Categories page.
  2. Select Solidcore, then click Edit to open the Edit Solidcore page.
  3. Enter the license keys, then click Save

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Per your download. you need to click Application Control and Look for License.txt...

The license is the same for all versions.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90666

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee User

I request you to kindly let me know if you were able to find the license key or serial number for McAfee Solid core 6.2.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community